How Pre-Paid Catholic Cemetery Burial Plans Work
What Are Philadelphia Catholic Cemetery
Pre-Paid Burial Plans?
Advance planning your Catholic burial in an Archdiocese of Philadelphia cemetery means relieving your family of difficult expenses and decisions by handling all the details of your burial and memorialization in advance.
- Choose the specific cemetery space location and items you want
- Purchase your space and related items at today's prices to save your family from having to pay inflated costs during their time of loss
- Spare your family from the added stress of trying to decide what they think you would want
73% of consumers say it's important to have pre-planned funeral arrangements
(source: The Foresight Companies)
Imagine the calming peace-of-mind you'll have after advance planning your Catholic burial with the Philadelphia Archdiocese. You can rest easy knowing that it's all taken care of at a cemetery where final resting places for the faithful departed are inspirational reminders for the living...the promise of everlasting life.
Request a Planning Guide or Call 844-451-9614
How involved is burial advance planning?
- Choose in-ground, above ground, or cremation burial
- Choose the location of your burial space
- Choose the necessary burial items
Step 1: Choose your preferred type of burial
First, determine if you want to be buried in the ground with a flat granite or tombstone, above the ground in a private or community mausoleum, or cremated. You can get helpful details about all options on our burial options overview page.
If you find you need additional guidance on Roman Catholic cemetery burial advance planning, you can speak to a caring, knowledgeable representative at one of our 12 Archdiocese of Philadelphia cemeteries.
Step 2: Choose the specific location of your burial space
- In-Person – Schedule a no-obligation meeting in your home or at your preferred cemetery’s office. You’ll receive a comprehensive consultation tailored to your specific pre-paid burial plan and burial preferences.
- Phone/Virtual – Have a brief and informative conversation with a burial planning expert, either over the phone or virtually on your computer or smart device. Based on your discussion, the representative will mail you a customized agreement.
Step 3: Choose all necessary burial items for your burial
Type of Space
Burial Items Necessary for a Complete Plan
* Many of our land customers subsequently purchase their opening-and-closing and vault (in turn finalizing the space arrangements). At a later date, the memorial, and then finally the casket, are purchased, resulting in a complete land (in-ground) pre-paid burial plan.
3. Marker or Monument
(Community and Private)
|Cremation - Land||1. Urn
4. Marker or Monument
5. Casket (unless cremation occurs directly at death)
|Cremation - Niche
(Mausoleum or Columbarium)
2. Niche Opening-and-Closing